The Froehle's

The Froehle's

Friday, February 21, 2014

Waterpark and Visiting Great Grandparents

On Saturday morning my parents brought the kids out to the hotel and we went to the Waterpark. The kids had an absolute blast and the slides were perfect for them! They could ride down with us on the tubes and everytime we got to the bottom Bishop would say "AGAIN"!

Bishop and I

Luke and Nora

Luke and Bishop

Nora and I

Hanging out at the bottom of the slide

Warming up in the hottub!
After the waterpark we showered, got ready and headed over to visit my Grandma first. It had started snowing and blowing pretty badly....and the roads weren't that great, but we made it! 

My Grandma was particularly interested in what Bishop had in his little box-she thought it was candy and was a little disappointed to find there weren't any treats inside! :)

Nora and her Great Grandma, Marlys!
We then visited my Grandpa and wheeled him down for lunch on our way out.  It was great to see them both. They're both hanging in there and they both seemed better to me than the last time I saw them. Luke hadn't seen them since Thanksgiving and he noticed a big change in my Grandpa. We're trying to enjoy as much time with them as we can while they're still here!


Our original plan was to eat lunch at my parents and head back home--but the roads still didn't look too good, so we took the kids to see the movie Frozen instead. My mom joined us-and especially enjoyed holding Nora while she slept during part of the movie. It was such a great movie!! We all really enjoyed it!

The drive home was less than enjoyable! Luke and I had both cars in Owatonna and so we both had to drive home. I had the kids in my car and I was a nervous wreck for part of the drive. We made it to Elko and traffic was completely stopped--there had been a bad accident that involved 12 cars and they were still working on clearing the last 2 cars (a semi and a pickup truck)--so it held us up for about an hour. The drive usually takes us 50 mins-1 hour, but took 2 hours and 15 minutes! It could have been much worse though--Bishop slept and Nora watched Elmo Potty about 10 times! :) I was thankful I didn't have hungry kids who had to go the bathroom!

When we got home we all relaxed--and Bishop was excited to get another magazine. My aunt and uncle (Bob and Sandy) gave both kids a subscription to a magazine--and they get excited to get them every month! Here's Bishop reading his!


Sunday was a fun day as well--we went to church, brunch, sledding and then Luke and I went out to celebrate Liana's completion of Grad School--a great way to end a fun weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment