The Froehle's

The Froehle's

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day 2014!! I am so thankful for all the love I receive from my family and friends!!

Valentine's Day 2010 was spent in the ER with Bishop. He was just 4 days old and since he was born 4 weeks early we had to monitor his temperature. Well, his temp dropped on Valentine's Day, which was a Sunday that year. The on-call ped suggested we bring him to the ER to have him checked out. By the time we got there his temp had come back up--but we found out he was jaundiced, so he spent the night in the ER. It definitely wasn't my favorite Valentine's Day. I was a mess--over tired, a new mom, who had just come off bedrest and I left my pump at home (and wasn't smart enough to ask to use the one at Children's Hospital, if they had one). So I drove home late at night in a snowstorm to get my pump. Long story short--the nurse could tell I was a mess and she instructed I go home to sleep. Luke ended up sleeping IN the ER, as the hospital was full that night. I felt horrible for not being there and guilty that I would leave my new born son. Wow-we've come so far in 4 years!

Valentine's Day 2012 was also spent at the hospital....but thankfully this time was just for a blood draw for Nora. When she was born her umbilical cord broke off while she was being delivered.....she was born with a fever and there was concern of blood mixing (we have 2 different blood types). So....they had to monitor her blood the first few days to make sure she didn't have an infection, etc. Luke and I took her to Abbott to have her blood drawn and then we stopped for a treat on our way home to the bakery (Patisserie 46), so it was an enjoyable day.

Valentine's Day 2014 was a great day! :) I was able to attend both Bishop and Nora's parties at school and then Luke and I had some time to ourselves that night in Owatonna! It was a great day!

Nana and Papa gave the kids a shirt a small toy and a sucker for Valentine's Day! This was their thank you video for the gifts......and yes, they are eating suckers for breakfast! I think I'm ready for these Holidays and Birthdays to be over for awhile! ;)




Bishop eating his cupcake at his Valentine's Day Party

Me, Bishop and Gabe at his Valentine's Day party

Asa and Bishop


Nora and I at her Valentine's Day party

The cookie Nora made for her party! 
Luke and I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Owatonna on Friday night. We went out to dinner and enjoyed some time to ourselves. My parents brought the kids out in the morning to play in the waterpark--I'll update that blog post soon!

It was so fun to be home and have a normal, happy Valentine's Day! Last year we were in Steamboat, skiing!

No comments:

Post a Comment