Bishop and Nora are both growing up before my eyes! I am so proud of both of them and excited for all they can do on their own, but I'm also hoping to hold on to all these moments, as it seems like time is just flying by these days!!
While Nora is growing up and her vocabulary is increasing every day and she's becoming more and more independent (if that's possible for the VERY independent girl she is), this post is primarily about Bishop.
I feel like Bishop grows up 10 days for every 1 day that goes by! I love this guy so much and I'm so happy to see him learn and grow! Here are a few things he's been up to lately!
-He's been telling us what he's done and explaining in great detail what he does at school, at nana and papas, etc. While he does a great job of explaining I still have a hard time imagining what he's talking about--and soon after I will see what he's done and it will all make sense to me and his descriptions are right on!
-This morning he woke up, came downstairs, got himself a glass of water, put a bagel in the toaster and put jam on it (and got his own plate). He was very happily eating his BURNT bagel like it was no big deal! Once I pointed out that it was burnt, he asked for a new one! :)
-He's swimming like a little fish at swimming lessons! He can swim across the pool and back doing a great looking front crawl! He's getting his arms out of the water and he's improving every week!
-He passed a test at the pool so he can swim in the shallow water without an adult present. The lifeguard even let him go in the Vortex pool last week, as he can touch in that area.
-He's no longer napping at school. It was getting to be so difficult to get him to bed at night that I told him to try not napping at school and it's helped a ton! Some days he still falls asleep for a few minutes, but for the most part it's helping a lot.
-His teacher told me he's one of the best behaved kids in class! I never would have imagined this 2 years ago! He definitely has "boy" energy, but I'm so happy to know he listens and is well behaved.
-He's really interested in reading. We put him in Phonics Class at school (meets 2 days a week) and his teacher says he really focuses and does a great job (something I also would have never imagined 2 years ago)! :)
I'm posting these updates more as a journal for myself than anything else! Like I said--both kids are growing up so fast and soon we'll be taking all of these things for granted--in the meantime I hope to savor all of these "firsts" and help both kids learn and grow at their own pace!
No comments:
Post a Comment