The Froehle's

The Froehle's

Friday, January 2, 2015

Visiting Great Grandma Marlys

My mom called on our way home from the Danielson's on Sunday to let me know that my Grandma was not doing well. She has been on hospice for a few months (since August, I think) and she's had a couple set backs, so we never know exactly what it means. She tested positive for Influenza A a few weeks ago, but recovered and was out of isolation last week. My mom visited her on Christmas Day and she asked where the family was. She seemed to be doing relatively well that day. My sister and her family visited her on the 26th and she wasn't as responsive as she usually is. She was pretty quiet, but was sitting up in her chair. Over the weekend she continued to decline and I went down on Monday to visit her. My mom and I spent a good part of the afternoon at Clarebridge and I'm so thankful for my time with her. She was laying in bed and when I came in and gave her a kiss and told her I loved her she turned and said "I love you". I will remember that forever! She was pretty sleepy and seemed a little uncomfortable. There were lots of hugs and tears shed and it was determined that her time was coming. I called Luke and he brought the kids down to say good-bye to Great Marlys. Shelly and her family were able to come as well. I had gone back to my parents so Luke and the kids picked me up and we went back out to visit her. She was sleeping even more at this point and seemed to have declined even from the afternoon. She knew we were there though--and would open her eyes slightly to see us and turn her head so we knew she knew we were there.

We spent time with her, hugging her, kissing her forehead and telling her stories. We all went back to my parents for dinner and headed back home that night.

My grandma passed away at 11:30pm on Monday, December 29th. I am so thankful for her sake that it went as quickly as it did. She was such a wonderful Grandma and I will miss her dearly. I'm so glad my kids were able to get to spend time with her. We take comfort in knowing she's back with my Grandpa again....and I'm sure they're dancing the night away! As my Grandma always said....."I love you....always have....always will"! We will always remember you, Grandma! We love you!

Thanksgiving weekend 2014
The kids watching a movie before heading back home on Dec. 29th

Jack riding the horsey!


No comments:

Post a Comment