Last week was pretty busy with traveling to Michigan and trying to catch up with work before a 3 day weekend! I took Monday off as the kids didn't have daycare.
Rich and Eileen came down to deliver firewood on Saturday so I took Bishop to his swimming lessons--then we went shopping for some boots for me, had lunch together and I took him to a birthday party in the afternoon. It was a fun day together! I rarely get one on one time with the kids and I'm going to try for it more often as it's fun for both of us to have time one on one!
On Monday we went to Underwater Adventure at the Mall of America and then rode some rides. The kids were great and agreed to help me look for some brown boots before we had fun (I am trying to find a pair of brown boots that I love-I have yet to do that)! :) Underwater Adventure was fun--although it was pretty spendy and it didn't take all that long to get through. I'm glad we checked it out as Bishop loves sharks and we saw some really neat sea life!
 |
| Lunch at Potbelly's! Yum! |
 |
| At the birthday party with Henry Kruger |
Our church has an annual pumpkin patch with the proceeds going to the choir. We picked up a few small pumpkins after church and took a quick picture! :)
 |
| Underwater Adventure |
 |
| Playing with legos at the MOA |
 |
| The Ferris Wheel |
 |
| Riding the Swiper Car |
 |
| Nora loved it--we giggled the whole time! |
After we got home we went for a walk/bike around the lake. Luke was home and he joined us! It was a great way to end our day together!
 |
| The Elf's home at the lake |
Bishop and Nora had a literary assignment from school with a list of items to check off (read a story before bedtime, visit a library, bookstore, etc)...one of the assignments was to write letters in the sand! Bishop accomplished that on our bike/walk! He's come so far with his writing in the past few months-his "S" looks so much better! He's also very interested in reading signs/letters when we're driving or going places! He seems to really enjoy math a lot (probably more than literacy) as he'll rattle off 5+5 is 10 and 2+2 is 4. It's fun to see him grow and learn at each stage and Nora loves getting into it as well!
Again, I had such a fun day with the kids! They're becoming more helpful and cooperative as they get older and it makes things so much easier and more fun! I was sad to see the day end as I had to travel again this week--this time to Chicago for a meeting.
No comments:
Post a Comment