On Thursday March 13th, my Grandpa passed away at his place at Countryside in Owatonna. He was 90 years old. He absolutely loved seeing his great grandkids and his eyes lit up every time he saw them. He suffered quite a bit in his last year and while it is sad to not have him here and we miss him like crazy it is a blessing that he isn't suffering anymore. He passed away with my mom holding his hand and it went very quickly, which was a relief for everyone.
Luke and I were in Punta Cana at the time, which was difficult for me. I am still sad that I didn't get a chance to see him one last time.....to see his beautiful smile, to hear his little chuckle and to say "I love you and good bye". I have so many good memories of my Grandpa. He took Shelly and I fishing many times when we were little....he'd fish and we'd eat our treats in our tackle boxes! At the very end he'd let us drag our pop cans in the water as he drove the boat.....and we'd try REALLY hard not to drop our cans because he didn't like that very much! ;)
My grandpa and grandma were very faithful fans to Shelly and my basketball games. We could always count on seeing them in the stands!
He took such good care of my Grandma for as long as he could and he missed her dearly when she moved into a memory care facility.
![]() |
| My last time visiting my Grandpa-2/15/14 |
| Easter 2013 |
| One of my favorites of my Grandpa! |
| Thanksgiving 2013 |
![]() |
| Grandpa and Bishop |
![]() |
| Grandpa and Nora |
I was able to visit my Grandpa in January and he told me stories of when he was in the Navy, working on the farm and his life in general. He lived a good life. He had some hard times, but he had a good life and he was always good for a good tease!
I love you, Grandpa and I miss you so much! Thanks for everything you did for my mom and our family!





No comments:
Post a Comment