We hosted Christmas Eve this year and went to our church (Mount Olivet) for the 3pm service. There were services on the hour every hour from 2pm-10pm so we didn't know what to expect in terms of getting there early, getting a pew, etc. My dad and I went to stand in line for the 3pm service. I believe we got to the church a little after 2pm and we were probably 5th in line....we had our pick of pews, but decided to head towards the back of the church with 4 kids 3 and under we didn't want to draw too much attention to ourselves! ;) I loved the time talking with my dad. It was one of the best conversations we've ever had and I am so thankful for him! He is an amazing man!! Thanks for joining me, dad and for being there to listen and offer advice for anything! I appreciate and love you so much!
Before church we took some pictures.............
 |
| All dressed up in their Christmas Eve outfits! |
 |
| Nana and Papa and their grandkids!! |
 |
| My beautiful niece in church! LOVE her SOOOO much! |
 |
| Happy Jack and his mama....and Nora photobombing the picture while she sits with Uncle Ryan! |
It was a beautiful service with wonderful songs and music! I had to take Nora out when Madelyn went to the bathroom as Nora continued to yell "I GO POTTY"!! She's not potty trained yet, but since Madelyn got to go potty, Nora didn't want to miss out. We came back and then Nora wanted "OUT" so I took her out so she wouldn't be too disturbing. The service only lasted 30 minutes and that seemed like a perfect amount of time considering Nora was about done after 20! :)
The timing worked out great with the service, it left plenty of time to go back to our house, relax and not feel rushed to make dinner and get on with our night. Luke and I tackled a new menu for the night which turned out pretty good!! We made flank steak, shrimp, potatoes, bread and we had some leftover mushroom soup courtesy of Raul, so we all enjoyed a little of that as well!!! After dinner it was on to opening presents!!
Bishop was especially excited!! I think the biggest excitement for him was actually opening the presents! Don't get me wrong-he loved what was in them....but it was more exciting to open gifts (even if they weren't for him)! The hit of the night was the mangatiles Luke and I got him. He screamed...."I WAS WISHING FOR THESE!!!" He tore open the box, took them to his table and started playing with them immediately! They are awesome!
Nora got another doll and a rocker, stroller, and pack and play for her baby. :) She got a Dr's bag, which is perfect for her along with many other wonderful gifts! Her expressions are priceless! She would get all excited just opening the presents!
 |
| All smiles for his new tent from the Bormann's!! |
 |
| Playing with his magnatiles |
Santa Jack made an appearance for opening presents! He is such a honey!
 |
| Sweet Santa Jack flipping through a book! |
 |
| Happy Jack!! He is always smiling! |
 |
| Santa Jack rocking with Papa--Christmas Eve was so fun! |
Wow! It was another incredible Christmas Eve filled with so many great memories! The kids are at such fun ages--it is so fun to see their excitement and JOY!! Thank you Nana, Papa and the Bormann's for spoiling all of us and for all the wonderful memories!! We are so blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment