A couple weeks ago I participated in my first Bike Tour (Ride to Rescue). It was held around Lake Pepin in Red Wing and it was a ride set up by Molly's uncle a few years ago to raise money for rescue dogs, breast cancer and now Multiple Myeloma. I did the 1/2, which was 35 miles and Luke biked 72 miles. I met the crew that did the full at the 1/2 point and biked back to Molly's parents place. The first 1/2 it rained and was cool-but I got lucky and missed the rain.
I was a bit nervous as I had never ridden before and I don't have a road bike....and we were biking right on the Highway. In the end, it was a blast and I loved it! We stopped 1/2 way (through my 1/2) at the bar, so that helped break things up. It was fun to ride with others and have some pacers to keep up with!
Thanks to my parents for watching the kids so we could do this-it was a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment