The Froehle's

The Froehle's

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Bishop and Soccer

We signed Bishop up for soccer for the first time this spring. The 1st two weeks were postponed due to snow, so when they were finally able to get out and play they were pretty excited.

Bishop, Johnny, Danny and Leo are all in this league together and the first night was a blast! I laughed and smiled the entire 45 minutes and I know Bishop did too!

They started out doing some drills and learning about the game of soccer. It takes some time and practice (and reminders) to not use your hands, which is why they teach the kids to tie their hands behind their back! :)

No hands!
At the end of the session they got to scrimmage--2 on 2. Bishop ran around with a smile on his face the entire scrimmage.


This is a parent/child involvement sport, which is why I'm trying to get the ball back in the vicinity of their playing field--these kids could run for hours.....in the wrong direction...they didn't care, as long as they were running!
After soccer, we played at the park for awhile and then came home. Unwinding and heading to bed was a little tough after so much excitement!

I left for Kansas City on Wednesday morning for a regional meeting. It's always hard for me to leave the kids and Luke..but coming home is the best thing ever! I face timed them both nights and Bishop asked me "Mom, can you come home and put me to bed tonight"......I really wish I could have! Thankfully it was just 2 nights. While I was gone, Nora learned to crawl into this chair and it has become one of her favorite things to do. She is still "sweet Nora".   She is constantly smiling and she can't stand to be away from her brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment